A half dozen businesses and residences in Old Town have been selected by a local, very niche group as the best exterior holiday decorations in the historic district.
The Old Town Walled Garden Club announced the winners of its 51st annual decorating contest. The contest evaluates decorations by the originality of design, scale, color, contrast and attractiveness from the street.
The commercial honorees were:
- First Place: Dolci Gelati — 107 N. Fairfax Street
- Second Place: The Dog Park — 705 King Street
- Third Place: The Old Presbyterian Meeting House — 323 S. Fairfax Street
For the residential candidates, all decorations must be created by the homeowner.
The residential honorees were:
- First Place: 630 S. Fairfax Street
- Second Place: 728 S. Lee Street
- Third Place: 612 Duke Street.