Collect candy around the historic grounds, and celebrate Halloween with 18th-century entertainment and activities.
Celebrate Halloween with 18th-century entertainment and activities.
- Collect candy in your special Mount Vernon treats bag around the historic grounds.
- Watch Halloween-themed Punch & Judy shows at 2:30 & 4 p.m. on the Bowling Green.
- Watch and learn about 18th-century magic in the Upper Garden at 3:30 & 5:00 p.m.
- See an 18th-century chocolate-making demonstration and sample a chocolate treat (while supplies last) on the 12-Acre Field.
- Learn about 18th-century wool carding along the South Lane.
- Watch sparks fly at the Blacksmith Shop.
- Enjoy musical entertainment on the Bowling Green.
- Find out about our Hog Island sheep, a breed dating back to Washington’s time, at the Stables.
- Take photos at a straw bale selfie station on the Bowling Green.
- Visit the Discovery Station on the 12-Acre Field to learn about Washington’s Spies and pick up a craft bag to go.
Trick-or-Treating at Mount Vernon takes place rain or shine.